In order to complete the virtual course successfully, you will need:
- a laptop or PC (a tablet will also work but a laptop or PC is preferred)
- suitable internet bandwidth
- a PDF reader installed on your device
- headphones (especially if there are multiple people in the room)
- multiple monitors if possible (not mandatory)
- access to Zoom (please check with your IT team if accessing at work)
- copies of the relevant standard (if applicable) – we will have couriered/posted these to you ahead of time. These are available electronically if you have not received or there hasn’t been enough time to send you a copy in advance.
Q. I didn’t receive my login information to the platform. What should I do?
Q. I cannot access the classroom on my browser. What should I do?
A. You may experience problems with using a browser other than Google Chrome. Our course runs best on Google Chrome, you can download this browser here prior to your session. You will require a PDF reader installed on your device to be able to complete the coursework successfully.
Q. I cannot access the microphone or camera on Zoom. Why?
If you are using a browser, check the browser permissions for the Zoom application. To do this, click the padlock in the URL address bar and select the “Site settings”option at the bottom:
Under “Permissions” change from “Ask (default)” to “Allow” in the drop down menu next to the Camera and Microphone options:
If you have any issues accessing the Virtual Online Classroom, we recommend you refer to the following Zoom Help Guides
Q. I can’t find the classroom meeting. Where is it?
A. When you open your platform email access link, you’ll see a menu on the left hand side – please click on “Virtual Classroom” to open the zoom meeting to join the classroom. Refer to the black box in the screenshot below.
Q. How do I upload my work?
A. Select the “Upload your work” option on the left hand side of the platform window. This will take you to the drop box where you can select the ‘add files’ button or drag and drop your saved files to the window. Refer to the red box in the screenshot below.
Q. How do I access the assessment?
A. To access your quizzes, select the “Forms” option on the left hand side of the platform window. Refer to the green box in the screenshot below.
Please refer to our instructional video if you require any further technical assistance.