Environmental and OHS Management Systems Lead Auditor (5 Days)
Combine OHS and Environmental Management Systems auditing to align with international ISO standards.
Exemplar Global – AU TL EM OH
“Although I find the topic interesting, I think it is generally classed as being quite dry. Pat’s delivery of the program was excellent and engaging, with his experience being profoundly beneficial to my own professional development.”
“Many thanks Tom, I really enjoyed the course and will get a lot of use from it at my workplace.”
- No homework
- We never cancel courses
- Internationally recognised
- Trained by real auditors
- It's all done in class!
- Great lunches provided!
This 4.5 day course provides a comprehensive and practical understanding of ISO 19011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems and AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems – Requirements.
Participants learn how to perform an audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems. The course provides a comprehensive and practical understanding of how to conduct a successful internal or external audit, either as part of an audit team or as the team leader. We focus in particular on the principles and procedures of auditing, the importance of planning, the roles and responsibilities of an auditor, how to gather effective audit evidence and report on the audit findings, and the required follow up activities as an auditor.
This course has the equivalent of 36 Professional Development (PD) points.
Our training is different because:
- We never cancel a course – book with confidence
- No homework or take-home assessment
- Certificates are issued promptly upon the completion of the course
- Trainers are practising audit professionals
- All learning materials and refreshments provided
Plus, a free licensed copy of:
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 OHS management systems – Specifications with guidance for use
- Risk-based thinking and its application to modern management systems
- Understand the process approach and its benefits to business
- Life-cycle assessment and its implications for an organization’s environmental aspects
- Effective and timely HIRAC processes
This course is divided into 3 modules, enabling participants to attend all modules in the one week, or spread across different sessions. The first 2 day module is equivalent to our ‘Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor’ course, and teaches participants to conduct a management systems audit. The remaining modules cover Environmental and OHS management system requirements respectively.
Introduction to Management Systems Auditing
- Introduction to auditing
- Roles and responsibilities of an auditor
- Principles and procedures of auditing
- Planning a Management Systems audit
- Communication skills and interview techniques
- Setting appropriate audit objectives, goals, and criteria
- Documentation requirements
Management Systems Auditing
- How to ensure that audits add value to an organisation
- Auditing as a Team Leader
- Effective audit evidence
- Difference between Corrective and Preventive actions
- Management Systems auditing scenarios
- Developing the audit report and writing audit findings
Management Systems underpinning knowledge
- Scope of Quality, Environmental, and OHS systems within an Integrated Management System
- The importance of risk-based thinking and the process approach
- Organizational context and its implications for a management system
- Requirements of ISO 9001:2015 as underpinning knowledge of management system requirements
Environmental and OHS Management Systems
- Requirements of ISO 14001
- Life cycle management within Environmental management systems
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Requirements of AS/NZS 4801 – OHSAS 18001
- The application of HIRAC within an organisation
- Organisational Hazards and Controls
- Review of Environmental and OHS Management System requirements
- Environmental and OHS audit scenarios
- Course review
What Qualification will I Receive?
Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a Certificate of Attainment which identifies the 4 Exemplar Global competencies below:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
- Exemplar Global EM – Environmental management systems
- Exemplar Global OH – Occupational Health and Safety management systems
This course has the equivalent of 36 Professional Development (PD) points.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Throughout the course, participants will complete a series of workshops which form part of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module assesses the knowledge and understanding gained throughout the training. Participants receive continual assistance and feedback from the trainer, and are given anecdotal examples of real world audit situations.
No homework or take-home assessment.
Who Should Attend
Who should attend
Designed to cater to a variety of people currently involved in the audit, Environmental, and OHS Management System process, you should attend if you:
- want to become an internal Environmental and OHS auditor
- want to become a 3rd party Environmental and OHS auditor
- need to write and implement an Environmental and OHS management system
- are involved in the Environmental and OHS management process
- are managers responsible for their Environmental and OHS management system and auditing
- wish to consolidate their existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Prior experience in auditing and management systems is not required.
Study Pathway - Where to from here?
Study Pathway – Where to from here?
If you wish to become a registered third-party, or external Quality, Environmental, OHS, or Integrated Management Systems auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the Exemplar Global competencies from this course, you can follow either a qualification-based certification path, or competency-based. A full explanation of the requirements to become certified with Exemplar Global can be found here, or contact us for more information.
Competencies for Food Safety Management Systems may be attended separately.
How to Enrol
How to enrol
PwC offers a streamlined enrolment process – either enrol directly into your course online or call Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 to enrol over the phone.
$3,150 (incl gst) per attendee.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- Direct debit
- Credit card
- Payment plans
We are able to arrange flexible payment plans on an individual basis. Please be aware that your certificate will be held until full payment has been received.
Public – face to face
Our regular public courses are conducted in capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and;
- We never cancel courses – book with confidence
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework or take-home assessment! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are also the perfect way to convert competency-based experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisation’s with a number of staff that require training. We can also customise the course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation. Contact Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.