Integrated Management Systems Lead Auditor (5 Days)
Get your auditing qualifications in Quality, Environmental, OHS and Lead Auditor.
EG – AU TL QM EM OH
“Although I find the topic interesting, I think it is generally classed as being quite dry. Pat’s delivery of the program was excellent and engaging, with his experience being profoundly beneficial to my own professional development.”
“Many thanks Tom, I really enjoyed the course and will get a lot of use from it at my workplace.”
- No homework
- We never cancel courses
- Internationally recognised
- Trained by real auditors
- It's all done in class!
- Great lunches provided!
Leading organisations are becoming increasingly aware that combining their OHS, quality, and environmental management systems into a single, integrated management system gives them a clear competitive advantage.
Our Integrated Management Systems Lead Auditor course provides you with the knowledge to build, implement, and maintain a management system that not only meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems, and AS/NZS 4801 – OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, but also works for the benefit of the organisation, ensuring streamlined processes and reduced duplication.
This is our feature course and is for those who require full knowledge of how to conduct an audit across the three main disciplines of quality, environment and OHS management systems. This is the most effective and efficient method to understand the requirements of an integrated management system.
Ideally suited to those who have to develop, implement, maintain, improve, manage or audit against multiple disciplines, our Integrated Management Systems Lead Auditor course will leave you ready to hit the ground running.
This course has the equivalent of 40 Professional Development (PD) points.
Our training is different because:
- We never cancel a course – enrol with confidence
- No homework or take-home assessment
- Certificates are issued promptly upon the completion of the course
- Trainers are practising audit professionals
- All learning materials and refreshments provided
Plus, a free licensed copy of:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems – Requirements
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 OHS management systems – Specifications with guidance for use
2 for 1 special
Bring a friend or colleague in selected locations for the full price $3,495 for both.
After successful completion of this course participants will understand:
- The principles and procedures of auditing
- The roles and responsibilities of lead auditors and auditors
- The benefits of a risk based audit programme
- How to plan an effective audit
- Interpersonal skills and personal behaviours of an auditor
- Appropriate audit questioning techniques
- How to conduct an effective opening meeting
- The importance of identifying objective evidence and note taking
- How to present findings at a closing meeting
- The required follow up activities after an audit
- Risk-based thinking and its application to modern management systems
- The process approach and its benefits to business
- The integration of the customer into organisational processes
- Life-cycle assessment and its implications for an organization’s environmental aspects
- Effective and timely hazard identification, risk assessment and control
This course is divided into four modules, enabling participants to attend all modules in the one week, or spread across different sessions. The first 2 day module is equivalent to our ‘Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor’ course, and participants learn to conduct a management systems audit. The remaining three modules cover Quality, Environmental, and OHS management system requirements respectively.
Management Systems Auditing – preparation
- What is auditing?
- Roles and responsibilities of an auditor and an audit team leader
- The 6 principles of auditing from ISO 19011
- Effective audit planning and timetabling
- Communication skills, interview techniques and useful questioning methods
- Setting appropriate audit objectives, scope, and criteria
- Developing audit checklists
Management Systems Auditing – the audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
- Identifying objective evidence and taking good notes
- Reviewing auditing scenarios
- Writing audit findings including nonconformities and non-compliances
- Presenting a closing meeting
- Compiling a meaningful audit report
Management systems – what are they?
- Modern management systems
- Risk based thinking, the process approach
- Customers, workers, the community and shareholders
- History of ISO and the high level structure
Quality Management Systems
- Auditing against ISO 9001:2015
- Requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Risk based quality
- Organizational context – external and internal
- Prioritising the customer
Environmental Management Systems
- Auditing against ISO 14001:2015
- Requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Life cycle assessment
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- Enhanced environment performance
OHS Management systems
- Auditing against AS/NZS 4801 – OHSAS 18001
- Requirements of AS/NZS 4801 – OHSAS 18001
- The hierarchy of control
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Reducing workplace injury and illness
- Course review
- Writing up findings
- IMS audit scenarios
- Review of Integrated Management System requirements
What Qualification will I Receive?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attainment with 5 Exemplar Global competencies below:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
- Exemplar Global QM – Quality management systems
- Exemplar Global EM – Environmental management systems
- Exemplar Global OH – Occupational Health and Safety management systems
This course has the equivalent of 40 Professional Development (PD) points.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Throughout the course, participants will complete a series of workshops which form the bulk of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module confirms the knowledge and understanding gained. Participants receive continual assistance and feedback from the trainer.
No homework or take-home assessment!
Who Should Attend
Who should attend
Are you involved in auditing, system development or system maintenance? You should attend if you:
- want to become an IMS internal auditor
- want to become a 3rd party IMS auditor
- need to write and implement an IMS
- are involved in Quality, Environmental, OHS, or IMS management processes
- are a manager responsible for their IMS and IMS auditing
- wish to consolidate your existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Prior experience in auditing and management systems is not required.
Study Pathway - Where to from here?
Study Pathway – Where to from here?
If you wish to become a registered third-party, or external Quality, Environmental, OHS, or Integrated Management Systems auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the Exemplar Global competencies from this course, you can follow either a qualification-based, or competency-based certification path. A full explanation of the requirements to become certified with Exemplar Global can be found here, or contact us for more information.
Competencies for Food Safety Management Systems (CODEX, HACCP and ISO 22000) may be attended separately.
How to Enrol
How to enrol
PwC offers a streamlined enrolment process – enrol directly into your course online, or call Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 to enrol over the phone.
Book now, pay later!
Introductory $2,995 (incl gst) per person. Normally priced at $3,495 per person.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- Direct debit
- Credit card
- Payment plans
We are able to arrange flexible payment plans on an individual basis. Please be aware that your certificate will be held until full payment has been received.
Public – face to face
Our regular public courses are conducted in capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and:
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework or take-home assessment! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are the perfect way to convert your current experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation. Contact Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.