Food Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor (5 Days)
Learn to Audit and implement ISO 22000 to secure your food supply chain. Accredited course with (NFSA) scheme.
Exemplar Global –AU TL FS NFS1 NFS2 NFS3 NFS4
“Although I find the topic interesting, I think it is generally classed as being quite dry. Pat’s delivery of the program was excellent and engaging, with his experience being profoundly beneficial to my own professional development.”
“Many thanks Tom, I really enjoyed the course and will get a lot of use from it at my workplace.”
- No homework
- We never cancel courses
- Internationally recognised
- Trained by real auditors
- It's all done in class!
- Great lunches provided!
This 5-day course provides a comprehensive and practical understanding of the food safety and regulatory standards, the requirements of ISO 19011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems, and the National Food Safety Auditor (NFSA) scheme.
In particular, it gives the participant the skills they need to conduct internal or external Food Safety audits as either a member of an audit team, or as an audit team leader. Successful participants may also apply for provisional auditor grade under the Exemplar Global (RABQSA) certification scheme.
This course has the equivalent of 40 Professional Development (PD) points.
It is important to know:
- All the course work and assessment is conducted during course hours – there is no homework
- You receive constant assistance and feedback from the trainer
- Your certificate is issued promptly upon completion of the course
- The course in both nationally and internationally recognised
- This course can be added to in order to increase your auditing qualifications
Participants, after successful completion of this course, will have the knowledge to be able to conduct internal or external Food Safety management systems audits, either as a member of an audit team or as the audit team leader.
Successful participants may also apply for provisional auditor status under the Exemplar Global International Certification Scheme.
What is covered in the course?
The Food Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor course teaches you how to perform a food safety audit, both as a member of an audit team or as a team leader. Specifically, participants learn:
Auditing in general
The 6 important principles of auditing:
- How to ensure that audits add value to an organisation
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor
- How to set appropriate audit objectives, scope, and criteria
- Why it’s important to plan the audit
- What should happen at an opening meeting, team meeting, and closing meeting
- Why a closing meeting is vital
- How to gather effective audit evidence, and the best way to communicate with the auditee
- How to write up the audit report and give meaningful feedback to both the client and the auditee
Food Safety auditing
- Food legislation
- HACCP – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
- Food Safety programmes
- What an auditor should look for
- What an auditor needs to know about Food Safety and the audit programme
- Terminology and concepts of Food Safety programmes
- How to apply Food Safety management principles in the context of ISO 22000
- Relating the Food Safety management system to the organisational products, including services and operational processes
- Documentation required by ISO 22000
- Understand the issues arising from implementing a Food Safety Management System
What Qualification will I Receive?
This course is internationally recognised by Exemplar Global. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will achieve the qualifications of:
- Exemplar Global – AU Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global – TL Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Exemplar Global – FS Food Safety Management Systems
- Exemplar Global – NFS1 Assess Compliance with Food Safety programs
- Exemplar Global – NFS2 Communicate Food Safety Audits
- Exemplar Global – NFS3 Conduct Food Safety Audits
- Exemplar Global – NFS4 Identify, Evaluate, and Control Food Safety Hazards
This course has the equivalent of 40 Professional Development (PD) points.
Are there any prerequisites?
No, there are no prerequisites.
Is there assessment?
Yes there is assessment, however all assessment is during the course, and there is no homework. Throughout the course, each participant will complete:
- A documentation review
- An audit plan and audit timetable
- An audit checklist
- An audit report, with findings attached
There is also assessment of:
- Audit interview skills
- Performing an Opening and Closing Meeting
- Participating in an audit team meeting
- Case study review
- Evaluation of Food Safety audit scenarios
The final piece of assessment is a short exam.
Participants prepare, complete, and hand in copies of their assessments during class – there is never any homework!
Who Should Attend
Who should attend?
- If you want to be able to conduct Food Safety internal audits within your organisation either as a team member or a team leader
- If you want to become an independent Food Safety external auditor
- If you want to become an internal Food Safety auditor
- If you are developing and implementing a Food Safety management system
- If you are looking to work in the area of audit planning
- If you wish to consolidate any informal experience you may have gained in your career
- If your existing FSMS is not giving you the benefits it should
Study Pathway - Where to from here?
What is the next course to take?
- If you want to become a Quality management system auditor, we suggest Quality Management Systems 2 day course
- If you want to become an Environmental management system auditor, we suggest Environmental Management Systems 2.5 day course
- If you want to become an OHS management system auditor, we suggest OH&S Management Systems 2.5 day course
All details and dates for these courses are available on our website, or call Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for course advice.
How to Enrol
How much is my investment?
$2,650 (incl gst) per attendee, or email Brock or Carrie for a quote for in-house training.
How do I enrol?
Please call Brock or Carrie to enrol on 1300 95 96 92, or email email@example.com
How can I pay?
- Direct debit
- Credit card
- Payment plan
Do you offer payment plans?
We are able to arrange flexible payment plans on an individual basis. Please be aware that your certificate will be held until full payment has been received.
Public – face to face
Our regular public courses are conducted in capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and;
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework or take-home assessment! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are the perfect way to convert your current experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation. Contact Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.