Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor (2 Days)
Want to be an internal, or external auditor of any management system? Get started with this scenario based workshop.
Exemplar Global – AU TL
“Although I find the topic interesting, I think it is generally classed as being quite dry. Pat’s delivery of the program was excellent and engaging, with his experience being profoundly beneficial to my own professional development.”
“Many thanks Tom, I really enjoyed the course and will get a lot of use from it at my workplace.”
- No homework
- We never cancel courses
- Internationally recognised
- Trained by real auditors
- It's all done in class!
- Great lunches provided!
Whether just starting out, or a seasoned professional, this auditor training course will provide you with the skills needed to take the next step in your auditing career.
You will learn how to perform an effective, value-adding audits in alignment with ISO 19011:2011, Guidelines for auditing management systems. The lead auditor course provides a comprehensive and practical understanding of how to conduct a successful internal or external audit, either as part of an audit team or as the team leader. We focus in particular on the principles of auditing, the importance of planning, the roles and responsibilities of an auditor, how to gather effective audit evidence and report on the audit findings, and the required follow-up activities as an auditor. Designed to cater for an audit of any management system, this audit course will leave you with the skills needed in the modern workplace.
This course has the equivalent of 16 Professional Development (PD) points.
Our training is different because:
- We never cancel a course – book with confidence
- No homework or take-home assessment
- Certificates are issued promptly upon the completion of the course
- Trainers are practising audit professionals
- All learning materials and refreshments provided
- The principles and procedures of auditing
- Auditor roles and responsibilities
- The benefits of a risk-based audit programme
- How to plan an effective audit
- Resource allocation
- Interpersonal skills and personal behaviours of an auditor
- How to conduct effective opening and closing meetings
- Preparing and distributing an audit report
The first 2-day module is ‘Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor’ course, where you will learn to conduct a management systems audit. This course may be added to our additional modules that cover Quality, Environmental, and OHS management system requirements respectively.
Management Systems Auditing – preparation
- What is auditing?
- Roles and responsibilities of an auditor and an audit team leader
- The 6 principles of auditing from ISO 19011
- Effective audit planning and timetabling
- Communication skills, interview techniques, and useful questioning methods
- Setting appropriate audit objectives, scope, and criteria
- Developing audit checklists
Management Systems Auditing – the audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
- Identifying objective evidence and taking good notes
- Reviewing auditing scenarios
- Writing audit findings including nonconformities and non-compliances
- Presenting a closing meeting
- Compiling a meaningful audit report
What Qualification will I Receive?
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attainment with 2 Exemplar Global competencies:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
In addition, this course has the equivalent of 16 Professional Development (PD) points.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of workshops which form the bulk of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module confirms the knowledge and understanding gained. You will receive continual assistance and feedback from the trainer.
No homework or take-home assessment!
Who Should Attend
Who should attend
Designed to cater to people involved in auditing, system development or system maintenance, you should attend if you:
- want to become an internal management systems auditor
- want to become a 3rd party management systems auditor
- need to write and implement a management system
- are involved in the management systems process
- are managers responsible for their management system or management system auditing
- wish to consolidate their existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Prior experience in auditing and management systems is not required.
Study Pathway - Where to from here?
Study Pathway – Where to from here?
Modules to address the requirements of a quality, environmental, and/or OHS management system can be attended during the same week of training or separately. Competencies for Food Safety Management Systems (CODEX, HACCP and ISO 22000) may be attended separately.
To become a registered third-party, or external auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the relevant Exemplar Global schemes, you can follow either a qualification-based certification path, or competency-based. A full explanation of the requirements to become certified with Exemplar Global can be found here, or contact us for more information.
How to Enrol
How to enrol
PwC offers an easy, streamlined enrolment process – you can either enrol directly into your course online, or call Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 to enrol over the phone.
$1350 (incl gst) per attendee.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- Direct debit
- Credit card
- Payment plans
We are able to arrange flexible payment plans on an individual basis. Please be aware that your certificate will be held until full payment has been received.
Public – face-to-face
Our regular public courses are conducted in capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and:
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are also the perfect way to convert your current experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In-house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation. Contact Brock or Carrie on 1300 95 96 92 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.